Outlook and edge is not opening team application directly for joining the meeting

Copper Contributor

Normal Scenario - User clicks "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" link from Outlook. This opens the launch of the Teams app directly and adds you to the meeting. 

On my own system

I click on the meeting link at teams and it opens the browser. then on the browser, I click on the launch in-app it does not go there also and no action is taken by the webpage.

Edge - Teams app does not open even I click on "launch app". 

On my old laptop just click on the link of join meeting it directly opens to the Teams application Without going on any browser 

Kindly fix this issue I am unable to join the meeting.
I have also attached the screenshot for reference and highlighted it that I am clicking it but not allowing me to attend 
also we use Ms. Teams for communication so the app is 24 7 opens on a laptop

3 Replies
This usually happens because protocol handlers are not correctly configured in your system. You could change these manually, however, I expect that a reinstall of the Teams app sets them correctly for you. Can you try this?
I actually has the same issue and tried reinstalling the teams but for me it won't work. I tried to activate teams add-On on the outlook and still it isn't. Any other suggestion?

Did you get this resolved? I've check my COM Add-ins and MS Teams Meeting Add-in is enabled. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Teams to no avail. @Ruban_D