New Teams' Contact Cards will randomly stop displaying

Copper Contributor

Hello, everyone.

This is my third post regarding this issue. The first one was addressed by Microsoft Staff by redirecting my question to this technical forum. Oh well, to no surprise, it was duly ignored here. Just as much as every other post in this community regarding this very same issue (well, some get very generic and rather useless responses at first and only after people point out the suggestions were worthless they get to the "being ignored" stage). Much like other users relate through other websites (such as reddit): it's a known problem for well over a year, now, but it's being ignored. I don't know whether due to the MSFT's incapability of addressing the issue or rather due to it's staffs' unwillingness. Which makes me wonder why this forums even exist altogether in the first place.

So here's the thing, related on my other post, that was also ignored (I've kept the same title for this one, for ease of access): 

"Ever since the company I work for switched to New Teams a rather annoying bug started happening at a seemingly random pattern: hovering the mouse pointer over a contact won't trigger the display of it's contact card.

I'm sure it is not a local-machine issue since, from talking to coworkers, I've found out that this is rather widespread. I've also seen a variety of posts in Microsoft's Community Forums regarding this issue, some that date back to 2023, and it clearly hasn't been properly addressed by any Microsoft staff so far.

I've seen a variety of tweaks that do manage to, sometimes, bring it back temporarily. Those were always suggested by users. I haven't seen a single response from Microsoft's staff in this forum regarding this matter that was actually useful. Most times it's actual non-sense, such as clearing Chrome or Edge's cache or messing with the Members' Settings under teams tab within the application (which also didn't seem to work for anyone, since these replies never get a single upvote but rather angry responses).

Do we have any actually useful suggestions on how to tackle this issue?

Best regards,

Rafael."

Well, the issue stays the same. And it's infuriating since I work for a company with over 100k employes and I have to host comittees, often with over 80 people participating, in which I do have to address them properly, as well as I have an actual need of knowing in which structures they're placed in order to best serve them as someone who's responsible for their data infrastructure.

As an addition: now, when facing this issue, I also can't click on links sent in the chat rooms. Yay!

I would love to get some help, since I can't choose to just use any other solutions (such as Slack) that are, by far, superior to Microsoft's New Teams. 

0 Replies