SOLVED

MS TEAMS - Cannot access Guest account version

Brass Contributor

I am a guest user for a vendor account and I have no issues getting into either my City account or my vendor account as a guest.  But we do have an issue for our Fire Dept leadership.  Our Fire Dept leadership and those of other surrounding municipalities are "guests" in each other accounts.

Bobby has clearly accepted the guest invite - as per this picture:

jhubbard_0-1597756999363.png

But when he selects his Guest account (using the desktop app) he gets the following error:

jhubbard_1-1597757115494.png

So I suggested he try using the Web app, so that he could have both instances running at the same time....(why not, right?)  Here is the error message he got:

jhubbard_2-1597757171095.png

Interestingly - you can see has a drop down arrow -- but when he selects that he has only our City to select.

His equivalent person in another municipality is fine.  Thoughts?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jhubbard Hey! The functionality (multi-account) is highly requested and per this UserVoice they are "working on it" https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17750851-i-want-to-use-multipl...

Maybe they could use InPrivate/incognito browser sessions or different Edge profiles until they get it sorted?

@ChristianBergstrom - thank you for sending that suggestion - sadly it didn't work.

I'm going to ask him to have the other city reissue an invitation for him.  Maybe it got corrupted?  Thoughts?  Regardless, I'll report back.

@jhubbardHey, yeah sometimes you need to do that as well. Just a heads up, have them delete the guest account from AAD and also remove it from the AAD recycle bin to properly delete it. Then send out the new invitation.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jhubbard Hey! The functionality (multi-account) is highly requested and per this UserVoice they are "working on it" https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17750851-i-want-to-use-multipl...

Maybe they could use InPrivate/incognito browser sessions or different Edge profiles until they get it sorted?

View solution in original post