SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Web Client is disabled

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

I am not able to sign-in to Teams web client in personal developer E5 tenant and I am getting the below error message. I have been using desktop client all these days and today I was trying to create a conversation bot and I see this below error:
AADSTS7000112: Application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) is disabled.

Troubleshooting details
If you contact your administrator, send this info to them.
Copy info to clipboard
Request Id: c5d7adcd-1ccc-4352-99e1-ac99779f1e00
orrelation Id: 102c09a3-e326-4d36-982a-50cd24dbfde6
Timestamp: 2020-05-25T05:09:55Z
Message: AADSTS7000112: Application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) is disabled.
Advanced diagnostics: Enable
If you plan on getting support for an issue, turn this on and try to reproduce the error. This will collect additional information that will help troubleshoot the issue.

Please help me to cross this issue.

Regards,
Krishna
9 Replies

@Krishna vandanapu  This issue was reported from some free version of teams and also some business users some of them has been fixed clearing their browser cache or try to run using private/Incognitive mode.

if both these do not resolve than opening a ticket with Microsoft would not hurt!

Hi @Krishna vandanapu 

This seems to be issue with the cache memory of the browser. Try running the services in the Inprivate browsing and that should fix the issue. 

Alternatively also check the below article if the Tenant has been disabled for Web Client Access 

https://commsverse.blog/2017/08/17/prevent-web-client-access-to-microsoft-teams/ 

Let us know in case you need any additional help. 

With Regards,

Satish U

@Krishna vandanapu 

Cordial greeting

We have the following problem

AADSTS7000112: Application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) is disabled.

We appreciate your help

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Krishna vandanapu 
Hi, try this and tell me if issue resolved  :)

open powershell as admin

Install-module msonline

Connect-MsolService

Set-MsolServicePrincipal -AppPrincipalId 5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346 -AccountEnabled $true

hope it helps :)

@Mchaves also check

@Ahmed_Masoud Your solution was spot on.  Excellent info, thank you.  You saved my a bunch of time tracking the solution down,

@Ahmed_Masoud 

Thank you so much.
To release the meetings after this procedure, I needed to create a blank team.

@Ahmed_Masoud After trying the last step of your suggestion, I got the following error: 

Set-MsolServicePrincipal : Access Denied. You do not have permissions to call this cmdlet.

Any idea on what to do next?

Make sure that you are the Admin of the Tenant, and run PowerShell also as an Admin
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Krishna vandanapu 
Hi, try this and tell me if issue resolved  :)

open powershell as admin

Install-module msonline

Connect-MsolService

Set-MsolServicePrincipal -AppPrincipalId 5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346 -AccountEnabled $true

hope it helps :)

View solution in original post