Microsoft Teams Exploratory expiration date

Copper Contributor

I would like to know the expiration date of Microsoft Teams Exploratory license.  In the office 365 portal there is no expiration date for the license and the first time the license was activated on 01.01.2020 in our tenant.  Is there a way to check the expiration date of the license?

4 Replies

Hello, this should help https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-exploratory#how-long-does-the-teams-explorator...

Let me just add to this. Historically it has been 12 months from first activation. If you can't see any info in the portal as described here Confused about Microsoft Teams Exploratory License - Microsoft Community you should reach out to the official support.

Did you find a final answer? Seeing how you are over 13 months neither of the articles mentioned below would have applied to you at the time of this post. I have a similar questions with users being able to use Exploratory after 13 months...

Hi @EndriLika 

how is your Exploratory license after 13 months? still can use until now?

My company has been running with Teams exploratory licenses for the past 1.5years or more and we still have not been locked out.  I'm wondering when we will need to cut over.  Some of us have official licenses, but the lower level users don't necessarily need Teams so we have kept them on the exploratory license.