SOLVED

@mentions for entire team

Bronze Contributor

I want to enable the @mention feature to mention the entire team, similar to the @all mention in Planner. The help video in Teams called "Productive Conversations" says this is possible if the admin has enabled it - about 0:50 into the video.

However, I cannot find it in any of the admin settings, nor is it mentioned in this support topic.

I am using the Windows 10 0.6.00.31001 64 bit client.

6 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Click on .. be your team and choose 'View Team', find the settings tab on the left and turn on the options for @team and @channel.

teams.PNG

Thanks. Definitely overthinking it. I was half a mile deep in Office 365 Admin portal settings.

I am still not sure it is working right though, or maybe I don't understand how it should. Using an @mention in the Teams does call out their name in the conversation, but they do not get an email. This is different from how @mentions work in Planner threads or Outlook 365 groups.

And in Planner, @all gets tags everyone, and here @teams does. A bit inconsistent IMHO.

But thanks for the pointer to the configuration. Smiley Happy

Is this true? Does an @team mention not send emails to everyone on the team? Is there anyway in Teams to have an email notification sent to everyone in the team?

I'm sure @Ed Hansberry was right back in 2016 when he wrote that, but at Teams development rate you found a fossil.

If you dont view a notification within Teams within an hour or so you'll get an email telling you about it, and how you ought to be reading Teams. Its more of a nag than a notification :)

Hey Steven,

Thanks for your reply. I see now that Channel mentions and Team mentions are listed as options in the Notification section that can be set to Show Only in Feed, Banner, or Email and Banner.

Warm regards,
Samuel

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Click on .. be your team and choose 'View Team', find the settings tab on the left and turn on the options for @team and @channel.

teams.PNG

View solution in original post