Incorrect hours of work in Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello, could you please help me?

I have wrong work hours in my Teams: they are shown from 08:00 to 17:00.

That is not correct, I work from 9 till 18, and in my Outlook I have correct settings, and calendar in Outlook looks correct.

How can I change work hours for Teams? 

onegina_0-1628159030189.png

19 Replies
Hello, probably just a matter of synchronization here if you've used the Outlook client in cached mode. Try setting your working hours using Outlook on the web instead, then you act directly against your mailbox. You could possibly quicken the change by signing out manually from Teams (top right corner) when it has been done.

@ChristianJBergstrom , tnanks for your respond, - unfortunately, it didn't help. In my web outlook settings I see 09-18 working hours. I quited Teams and entered again, nothing changed, still shows 08-17 hours. 

Did you sign out or quit? Sign out if you just quit. I don't know when you changed this but it can take some time to update depending on your org. config.
I meant, I signed out. My working hours in Outlook - I have never changed it, they were correct by default after setup...

@onegina have you managed this problem somehow? I live with this issue for more than a year already.

Hello, unfortunately, no. This problem still stays.

@onegina @Mykhailo_Goncharov This shouldn't be an issue really. Just look at all settings related to date & time, such as your W10/11 settings and then go to Outlook on the web "Meeting hours". I tried changing this right now and it was updated immediately in Teams on the web and for the desktop app to apply the new working hours I simply signed out manually from the top right corner and back in.

I think the problem is somewhere in my company settings. I can change work hours only in MS Outlook ( in Web or in the desktop version), and both Outlooks syncs after closing and opening app, but in both MS teams (web and desktop) i see the same default 8a.m - 4p.m. schedule. I signed out, closed and open app. It's not a big problem, but it exists

You should reach to your IT admin / Teams admin to have them look at this. Of course you shouldn't have to use Teams with incorrect working hours.

@onegina -- Just curious on your 365 apps does your organization have Viva Insights? I found Work/Time schedule information there as well.

@LeoT56 , hello, no, here in Russia we don't have anymore Microsoft CRM new products and can't buy licenses, companies only use old and out-of-date Microsoft products. You know, it's because of crazy and mentally ill tzar. So I changed my personal career path and don't work with Microsoft products anymore, sorry, can't tell anything about Viva Insights.

@ChristianJBergstrom @onegina @Mykhailo_Goncharov

This worked for me! I went into the online version of Outlook, viewed my Settings, then calendar settings, then work hours and location (making sure I was on the correct timezone with Calendar>View>Time zones). Once my timezone was adjusted – it was set to UK time, correctly, but the meetings were listed as Pacific time – I signed out of Teams, then signed back in and my hours were adjusted on Teams to 9–5.30 rather than the incorrect 8–5. Note that my working hours had always been correct in the Outlook app.  

I have the same problem (I set custom working hours in Outlook online, but it's not updating in Teams). I've scoured all help articles but nothing seems to work.

So my workaround is:
Make a recurring event called "Busy" for the hours you don't work. E.g. I only work afternoons, so I have a recurring event every work day from 19:00 until 13:00 called "Busy".

The only thing that's worked!

@michellejac0b hello, thank you, this way can be used in some cases. But I have case: time from 17 till 18 is shown as grey and as non-working time, but I need my colleagues to see this time as available for meetings with me.

@onegina  Not sure if your issue is resolved but, you can login into

This shall sync ASAP and will help.

Br, JD

@JamDsouza 

Have you read the previous comments?

Odd question- Are you trying to set your start time to the 1/2 hour? I had tried unsuccessfully to set my start time to 6:30, but it did not work. When I set it to 7am, however, it worked correctly.
I have this, but all I see is a way to set quiet hours, not work/time. Where did you find it?

Thanks @ChristianJBergstrom I followed the steps you provided, it worked for me. After I log in to outlook website, I had my work hours updated from 12 am- 5pm to 8 am - 5 pm and it reflected on teams immediately.