SOLVED

I can't see Team in Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

I want to join the team but I don't see the team item in app

teaams.png

7 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hello,
I think you're using the Chat with Microsoft Teams version. If it is then you cannot join or create Team and Channel.

See below screenshot from my PC with Preview version:

Little_Joe_0-1630984885511.png

Which version should I download to use that function?
Yeah, Little_Joe is correct here: you are using the version the Teams that is focused in chat features and calls. If you access Teams by using a personal account (Hotmail for instance), this is the experience you get

I'm having this same problem on my new laptop (on my old laptop everything was fine). I've uninstalled whatever Teams I had installed, and downloaded the one from the link in the above post, but the same thing is still happening. I can't attach a screenshot here but it's exactly as in the post above.

Weirdly when I sign into Teams on my browser, using the same account, I do successfully access my Team.

Ah never mind, I've just worked out that there are two versions of Teams; the Home one is just chat, and the Work&School one is the one I needed. Hope this is useful for others with this experience in the future!

@Little_Joe i try but still same like usual

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hello,
I think you're using the Chat with Microsoft Teams version. If it is then you cannot join or create Team and Channel.

See below screenshot from my PC with Preview version:

Little_Joe_0-1630984885511.png

View solution in original post