How To Use The Microsoft Teams Bulletins App

Iron Contributor

This Microsoft Teams will demonstrate how to use the Microsoft Teams Bulletins sample app. The Bulletins App allows users to share news, announcements in a digital bulletin board interface. Bulletins can feature rich text, including images, video and even links out to other content. This app is available for free and can be added to one or more channels in a Team. Note that app is also a sample app built by Microsoft on the Power Platform and can be customized further through Power Apps to implement any specific requirements that you may have. 

Have you used this app and if so what do you think about it? 

How To Use The Bulletins App In Microsoft Teams  

5 Replies
Thanks for posting.
You're very welcome!

I tried to install Bulletins Apps in Microsoft Teams, but it was far from being as straightforward as showed in this video.

I followed the following page to succeed:

https://github.com/microsoft/teams-powerapps-app-templates/blob/main/INSTALLATION.md#p2

In short :

Bulletins is a Power Apps application
It needs to :

• Add Power Apps to a Team
  • Load a DataverseSolution.zip file (available on above link) to create the structure to host Bulletins Data
  • Install Bulletins and Manage Bulletins from Applications in teams (see in topic "Built with Power Platform" - Search bar doesn't find any Bulletin app for me ...)
  • Deploy them to the target Team
  • Add Bulletins in Team's tabs

HTH

I'm assuming that you were not able to install the app from your App store. If not, then yes the steps outlined would be how to install it. Some organizations restrict apps in the catalog

Bulletins doesn't seem like it's ready to be an actual (plugin) or app for Teams. It should load as if a user was going to use it. You shouldn't need to go to a programing Web site to get special instructions on how to sideways load this. It should just work. And it should work easily for the whole team. It's supposed to be a tool, not an exercise. @Tom__B