SOLVED

How to clear Teams Calendar

Copper Contributor

Hi,

all of our theachers set their last year classes on the Teams Calendar as recurring events, with no end date.
Is it possible for me, the admin, to clear all user calendars/events?

Even if they cancel the events now, they will still show up in the students as cancelled meetings... This will be problematic in September...

Thanks.

6 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Remove shared, team, group and SharePoint calendars

When you open these calendars in Outlook, they’re added to the folder pane in the Calendar. This lets you quickly view the calendar with only one click.

To remove shared, team, group, and SharePoint calendars:

Right-click the calendar, and then click Delete Group or Delete Calendar.

Outlook asks you if you want to remove the group or calendar, and move its contents into the Deleted Items folder.

Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

The calendar is removed from the folder pane and no longer appears in the Calendar. Because you were viewing a copy, the source calendar remains intact and only your copy gets deleted.
Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/delete-a-calendar-9ba1364c-bdb0-41be-8f66-eaf96698d021#__...

If you find this helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" and as Like (click thumbs up), it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've opened Outlook 365, but I cannot see the diferent Teams' Calendars, only my own...
So, how can I add them so I can deletem them afterwards?
Hope you can see them all now, if not please a short feedback.

View multiple calendars at the same time
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/view-multiple-calendars-at-the-same-time-fffa8783-0556-4e...

At your service
Nikolino

@NikolinoDE It seems the original question concerns deleting or clearing the students' calendars from the old school year (so they can start fresh/blank) in the new school year. 

What you propose..says "The calendar is removed from the folder pane and no longer appears in the Calendar. Because you were viewing a copy, the source calendar remains intact and only your copy gets deleted."  Meaning that it will get deleted from the Owner/Teacher's Calendar but not the students' calendar.

I am in the same situation.  Students have their calendars full from last school year's classes.  I want to erase them and start to make their new school year calendars.

I have a teststudent and archiving the team/class (ex. Science 7) does not erase it from the student's calendar.  Deleting the team/class also does not delete it from the student's calendar.

Is there any solution that works?

@henhen59 

I'm not sure if I can help you with this, but it's worth a try.

I don't know either, but when the online calendars are deleted, they are lying around in some trash. As long as it is not emptied, the superfluous calendars created online and later deleted remain in the calendar app.

The same behavior has also been observed in some cases with regard to multiple linked contacts. Contacts have been linked to deleted contacts that were already in the trash! There the recycle bin (deleted items) was emptied in Online Outlook Mail and everything was OK after that.

Even if nothing is displayed in the recycle bins (deleted items), empty the folder with a right click.

If Outlook 2016 is available, you can see these deleted calendars in the navigation area, in the folder view, in the "Deleted items" folder and delete them there or empty the folder with a right click.

attached an additional link for your information:

Delete a calendar

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/delete-a-calendar-9ba1364c-bdb0-41be-8f66-eaf96698d021?ui...

I would also be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

This answer does not address the OP's question since this doesn't remove the events for everyone.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Remove shared, team, group and SharePoint calendars

When you open these calendars in Outlook, they’re added to the folder pane in the Calendar. This lets you quickly view the calendar with only one click.

To remove shared, team, group, and SharePoint calendars:

Right-click the calendar, and then click Delete Group or Delete Calendar.

Outlook asks you if you want to remove the group or calendar, and move its contents into the Deleted Items folder.

Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

The calendar is removed from the folder pane and no longer appears in the Calendar. Because you were viewing a copy, the source calendar remains intact and only your copy gets deleted.
Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/delete-a-calendar-9ba1364c-bdb0-41be-8f66-eaf96698d021#__...

If you find this helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" and as Like (click thumbs up), it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Nikolino

View solution in original post