How to add external users as presenter to online meeting?

Copper Contributor

I have invited an external user to my AAD and that user accepted the invitation. Now I need to create a Teams meeting using Graph API (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/application-post-onlinemeetings?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs... and add this user as a presenter to it. Is there any way?

Thanks in Advance!

3 Replies

Hi @Alwin_Varghese_Wilson

To set someone an external user as a presenter via Microsoft Graph you would need to set the onlineMeetingPresenters values to either everyone or organization (if they are a guest user in your organization). 

The Microsoft documentation is a bit conflicting on external users, but it seems like if they're registered in your Azure AD directory they should be able to present.

@BadaBing It's not working as expected. We tried inviting the external user to our directory, and the external user also accepted the invitation. Now if we are adding the external user as a presenter, the Share screen button is still disabled for them. The organizer needs to make them a presenter to enable the Share Screen.

@Alwin_Varghese_Wilson are there any Teams meeting policies enabled within the admin centre? Anything set up under Content Sharing could potentially be interfering.

Teams Meeting Policy settings