SOLVED

Help multiple accounts with same e-mail

Copper Contributor

My e-mail has two account linked, one personal (my name and photo) and one with my boss name.

It's strange also because from the app it's easy to switch from the two, from dekstop it seems there is only my boss account.

I have to do an exam in two weeks and since they both share the email I'm afraid of which one the examinator will use to contact me. Anyone has a solution?

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

If you are referring to what I believe you are. In the top right hand corner of the desktop version, just to the left of your profile image/initials do you see a drop down allowing you to switch. Failing that you could also try the web version by going to Teams.microsoft.com.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech Can Teams add a feature to main desktop app to provide notifications / messages from any signed in account.  Currently I don't get messages unless I run multiple Teams - one from desktop, one from phone.  This is very inconvenient.

Hi @CarlosOnline ,

Mmmmm, I was going to suggest looking for or submitting a Teams User Voice asking for the feature or upvoting an existing entry.

However this could be tricky as I explain in my thought process below...

In the meantime if it is the same one account but multiple Orgs, it will highlight when there is additional content in another Org to save you switching for no reason. However if these are truly separate accounts then there would need to be some commonality between them all to say this is effectively all accounts for one user, which you are not immediately going to have. As yes it is one client, but you would expect accounts to be isolated.

So are we talking one account but not getting notification sufficient from the other Orgs your account has been added to or literally separate accounts?

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 2 separate accounts , and 2 different organizations.  One account/org is from work.  The 2nd account/org is personal.

Hi @CarlosOnline ,

I can see the logic in wanting that although some might argue work and personal life should be kept separate but lets face it, in current times I would say that that barrier is being chipped away at all of the time.

So the best I could find albeit from more of an Org perspective is:https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40698883-improve-notifications...

But failing that feel free to provide your own feedback and if it gets enough votes, Microsoft will take notice and act upon. Or it may just be something that they are already planning but is yet to come.

Thanks

Henry

Hi @CarlosOnline ,

Also final comment would be that perhaps you could automate this with Power Automate Flow, not sure if this is possible off the top of my head but worth a look.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech Are you serious?  You want me to do some powershell automation to get notifications from teams?

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech It doesn't have to be personal, it could be a non-profit that I am working for.  The point is Teams doesn't work properly with multiple organizations.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

If you are referring to what I believe you are. In the top right hand corner of the desktop version, just to the left of your profile image/initials do you see a drop down allowing you to switch. Failing that you could also try the web version by going to Teams.microsoft.com.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post