End of the Teams meeting

Copper Contributor

What is the difference between disconnecting and leaving a meeting?

Also, we are currently disconnected after the meeting, do we need to choose to leave?

4 Replies
I don't think there is any difference. If your network disconnects you will eventually leave the meeting as well. If you have a recording going on it will continue to record until everyone has left the meeting (or 4 hour limit has been reached). There is no "End meeting" as such. Meeting actually continues in a chat and people can rejoin it later again.

thank you for your answer.

If I leave the meeting because of a disconnect, I can join the meeting again, but if I leave, I need to follow the steps to rejoin the meeting.

Why is there a difference?

One stays in the meeting chat but not in the AV part of the meeting, the other leaves the chat (and you stop getting updates to the chat thread)

@Chris Webb 
Thank you for your answer.

I am sorry to hear the details.
The conference ends and when you disconnect from the handset picture, the conference remains on the display with the most recently used items. However, if you click “Exit” to disconnect, the meeting ends and does not remain in your most recently used items. What is the difference?