SOLVED

Distorted MS Teams Text

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

Upon booting up my computer today, my MS Teams text is distorted. This has not previously been an issue. I have checked my video card driver and Windows says that it is the latest version. Any tips or ideas for resolving this issue?  Photo below. 

Thanks!

Ken

Capture.PNG

20 Replies
Can you try logging out of Teams and log back in?

@adam deltinger Thank you for the suggestion. I had tried rebooting but that did not resolve it. Per your suggestion I have also just logged out of MS Teams and logged back in. The text looked correct when I logged back in but it soon became distorted again. 

Strange! Try uninstalling -> delete cache folders -> reinstall Teams

https://techieberry.com/how-to-clear-microsoft-teams-cache/

Adam

@adam deltinger Hi Adam. I was just able to uninstall Teams, then tried to clear cache as directed in the provided link but there was no cache to delete in the locations noted in the provided link. Note that many of the folders referenced in the provided link didn't exist, even after I reinstalled Teams.

Then I reinstalled Teams, but am still getting the distorted text. :(

Thank you for your continued help!!

-Ken

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions. Dell m6800 laptop.
I am on a Dell Precision Tower 5810. The problem continues, unfortunately.

@Ken_Starnes I have the exact same issue. Rebooting, reinstalling, etc. unfortunately is not working. I'm hoping to see someone who may have fixed this. Seems like this is a recent issue with most, so could it be something do with the recent updates?

Ty!

@Ken_Starnessame issue here - garbled text on Windows 10 / Dell Precision M4700 (old)

best response confirmed by Ken_Starnes (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Turn off gpu hardware acceleration and/or make sure that driver is updated

@Ron_Reedthank you - that did it.  Odd that this just started occurring.  All text clearly displayed now.

That fixed it for me also! Thanks very much @Ron_Reed

@Ron_Reed Glad to see a few getting their issues fixed, but my HP is about 10 years old and I have no GPU acceleration option on my video cards/drivers. Drivers are updated as well.

Teams was working perfectly fine.... until a few weeks ago. Hopefully someone has more ideas. 

Thank you!

@Vijay_NA2225 you do not have this "disable GPU hardware acceleration" setting in Teams? 

Ken_Starnes_0-1627307731403.png

Hello Ken- I was looking at the wrong place to disable GPU acceleration :)

I checked this box and now it seems to be working- Thanks a bunch, much appreciated for taking time to paste this snapshot!!!

I tried this but its still not working. When I roll over words with the cursor or highlight text it comes back but after that it goes back to being broken
still the right answer in spring of 2022. thank you!

Any idea how to fix this issue if I'm using TEAMs in a browser? In the browser version of TEAMS there isn't an option to disable the GPU hardware acceleration under general settings.

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 9.23.08 AM.png 

Thanks - this solved my issue as well!@Ron_Reed 

@Ken_Starnes I had the same thing happen today.  It was fine and then all of a sudden it was blurry.  None of the suggestions to fix are available in the new teams so I think I may have to go back to the old one unless they can provide a solution.  Too bad.  :( 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ken_Starnes (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Turn off gpu hardware acceleration and/or make sure that driver is updated

View solution in original post