SOLVED

Custom Auto responds to chat

Copper Contributor

One of my teams never checks her Chat messages. 

She wants people to stop messaging her and have them call her or email her. People ignore the out-of-office messages.  Does Teams have a way you can just shut off your chat so people cannot send messages other than blocking an individual? it's stressful when people send important info in a Chat but we don't have the time to constantly check to see what chat messages were humor banter and others messages that are business-critical.   There should be an option to customize the message like this.

KDixonKDixonUSAnewJer_0-1643375433014.png

4 Replies

@KDixonKDixonUSAnewJer  Hmm...maybe you should just remove her name from the team.  

There is a way to block people outside of the organization but not within one.  Anyone else have any suggestions.

that doesn't solve what I am trying to do. Often team members don't need to be available to chat, I would kick them off the team. I merely think that an Option to alert, like I suggested, would be helpful. but thanks for the suggestion.

@KDixonKDixonUSAnewJer  If you'd like to make a feature suggestion - or see if someone else has already made a similar one - we encourage users to do so at our Feedback Portal.

best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Thank you, Yes I did a search there. On my own self discovery I actually did find that if a user adds a Message it will display for anyone posting a chat they will see, although there is a still an issue if they ignore the message they can continue to leave a message. it's kinda like if 911 had a an answering machine. Typing in the chat "URGENT MESSAGE, Trip is being moved, DON"T BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS"........ I have also input a feedback suggestion. It would be a helpful way to be able to shut it off with the confidence of not missing an urgent message. I appreciate your time. Have a great day.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Thank you, Yes I did a search there. On my own self discovery I actually did find that if a user adds a Message it will display for anyone posting a chat they will see, although there is a still an issue if they ignore the message they can continue to leave a message. it's kinda like if 911 had a an answering machine. Typing in the chat "URGENT MESSAGE, Trip is being moved, DON"T BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS"........ I have also input a feedback suggestion. It would be a helpful way to be able to shut it off with the confidence of not missing an urgent message. I appreciate your time. Have a great day.

View solution in original post