SOLVED

Channel meeting not appearing on users calendar

Copper Contributor

To make it easier for our faculty we have been communicating to them to create a meeting for their class and to invite the general channel to the meeting instead of inviting each individual student,  However we just noticed that the meeting does not appear on the calendar in Teams for each individual.  Is this a known bug?

We have also noticed that when creating a meeting using a channel it might take up to a full minute before the meeting has been created.  If I were to create the same meeting but invite the individuals the meeting is created within 30 seconds.

2 Replies

@JR_McVicker 

I do find that creating a Teams meeting in a specific channel can be slightly slower, and when you schedule the meeting, it will spin for a few seconds before creating.  I've heard other people describe this same behaviour so I believe this is expected at the moment.

Any users who are a member of the Team / Channel should be able to see the meeting in their own Teams Calendar, so if you are not seeing this behaviour I am not sure why.  However, they should be able to see the meeting within the Channel chat.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Make sure that the users are subscribing to events from their outlook regarding that office 365 group the team is based on! There’s also PowerShell commands you can google to auto subscribe member to added events
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Make sure that the users are subscribing to events from their outlook regarding that office 365 group the team is based on! There’s also PowerShell commands you can google to auto subscribe member to added events

View solution in original post