SOLVED

Cannot delete files In Teams

Brass Contributor

If you delete files in a Sharepoint library, Teams still sees the file and will not remove it if you try to delete it.  Is there a way to remove the files in Teams if they have been removed in SharePoint or a way to sync the deletions.

Thanks

8 Replies

@GaryS123 that is not expected behaviour.

If you click the refresh icon at the top right of the Files view in Teams - do the relevant files get removed from the view?  e.g. is it a caching / display issue?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi@GaryS123 ,

The files on the "Files" tab are the files in the SharePoint document library. Its not synced at all, it is those files. 

I can only think it is some sort of caching issue if you are still seeing the files after a refresh. Usually it is instant on a refresh of the Files tab (icon in top right). 

Andy

@Rob Ellis Thanks for your reply, I have tried the refresh but now I just get the circle going around in the middle of the screen and cannot see any files in any of the channels on this team.  I'll try later in case its at MS end.  I've tried both the app and the web browser.

@Andrew Hodges Thanks, I'll wait it out a bit as I think it may not be just me now as you can see in my other reply.

Sounding like a cache issue. If you right click teams in the systray area “by clock in bottom right by default” and sign out and sign back in this will clear most cache and should fix your issue.

@Chris Webb Thanks for your reply Chris, we have tried all the solutions here now and it happens on multiple PC's so we had no choice but to delete the team and recreate it which may have been the same outcome if we had just deleted the group.

This was our first team so to be honest not much content so no big deal for us.

Just hope it doesn't happen again once we are fully into teams !!

@GaryS123 

Go into TEAMS - TOP left hand, the nine dots, choose OUTLOOK, then nine dots again, choose POWERPOINT, the scrool down to RECENT, you can delete all RECENTS and then when you go back to your meeting page you can just choose the one you have opened for that lesson.
I think I have worked it out - Go into TEAMS - TOP left hand, the nine dots, choose OUTLOOK, then nine dots again, choose POWERPOINT, the scrool down to RECENT, you can delete all RECENTS and then when you go back to your meeting page you can just choose the one you have opened for that lesson.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi@GaryS123 ,

The files on the "Files" tab are the files in the SharePoint document library. Its not synced at all, it is those files. 

I can only think it is some sort of caching issue if you are still seeing the files after a refresh. Usually it is instant on a refresh of the Files tab (icon in top right). 

Andy

View solution in original post