SOLVED

Cannot Access Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

This has been posted before, but no viable answer was given. I used Microsoft Teams app for Mac with Catalina yesterday after upgrading to the E3 license and it worked fine. I logged on today and it says I need to sign up for Teams... which I did already. I tried signing out and in, restarting my computer, and redownloading Teams. Alternately, it says to check my email for an invite, but I did not receive an email. It's a brand new account with one email in it.  Please help.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
the error you are facing is it on a new tenant or a new user in an old tenant.
if it is a new tenant you will need to wait 24 hours for provisioning timing to complete.
also please try the web and log in from the web if the error is not occurring you will need to clear the catch of that computer for teams.

lastly, you can go to your office admin center and navigate to settings > org settings > Microsoft teams > Turn on ‎Teams‎ for users with the following licenses > check the box and click on save
wait a couple of hours and you should be fine.

if all this doesn't work you might have to remove the license assigned to the user and assign it through Powershell so it can sync in better

@timi_ola It's been well over 24 hours. I cleared the cache on my Mac and it still wouldn't work, so I downloaded teams to my Windows machine. I'm still getting the same error on the brand new machine - that I haven't signed up for teams yet but to check my email. 

What is Powershell? How do I do that? Seems like a really ridiculous amount of work to access Teams but I have to for work.

@SRTeams 

power shell is one of Microsoft's most powerful resources once certain operation fails on the GUI most experts turn to PowerShell to achieve the result they seek in administering Microsoft online resources. 

to achieve the assigning  the license with power shell  you  will need to remove the license from the gui and use power shell to assign it to the affected user 

you will need to install the msole model 

please check this documentation 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/azure/active-directory/install-msonlinev1?view=azureadps...

to perform the assignment check the document bellow 

Set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName "<Account>" -AddLicenses "<AccountSkuId>"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/assign-licenses-to-user-accounts-with-micr...

also I recommend raising a support ticket 

@timi_ola please can you attach a screenshot of the exact error.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
the error you are facing is it on a new tenant or a new user in an old tenant.
if it is a new tenant you will need to wait 24 hours for provisioning timing to complete.
also please try the web and log in from the web if the error is not occurring you will need to clear the catch of that computer for teams.

lastly, you can go to your office admin center and navigate to settings > org settings > Microsoft teams > Turn on ‎Teams‎ for users with the following licenses > check the box and click on save
wait a couple of hours and you should be fine.

if all this doesn't work you might have to remove the license assigned to the user and assign it through Powershell so it can sync in better

View solution in original post