SOLVED

Can't send Message in group chats (in web browser, desktop app, or phone)

Copper Contributor

For whatever reason, on all three levels, I keep receiving this error:

"failed to send"

JosephFroehle_0-1613605985099.png

It is this way on different chats, on different apps. I can receive messages, but can't respond.

Any help would be great

3 Replies

Hi @JosephFroehle  In general the "failed to send" error would imply your network is blocking access to some of the Teams messaging URLs, perhaps through a proxy or other network device. Try it in a browser and bring up the F11 debug tools and you'll quickly see which addresses are not responding.

@ThereseSolimeno 

Yeah the network isn't the issue. I did it on my phone with data, and nothing seems to be going through, there seems to be an issue on the backend side (see Office status https://twitter.com/msft365status?lang=en) where they have been having an issue all day

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Thanks @JosephFroehle   The last time this happened (or at least when there were a lot of posts in this community about it), the issued was an outage at MSFT and it resolved itself within a few hours. This seems to be what's happening today.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Thanks @JosephFroehle   The last time this happened (or at least when there were a lot of posts in this community about it), the issued was an outage at MSFT and it resolved itself within a few hours. This seems to be what's happening today.

View solution in original post