SOLVED

Call queue for users inside M365 Group

Brass Contributor

Hi, 

When arranging Call queue, at the Call answering part where we can add M365 group for answering the call, how can we set the ring to serial for all users inside that Group? 

So far I only now to arrange serial ring by adding individual user (Add users) at the Call answering page, but due to some reasons this is less recommended for our management. 

Regards,

4 Replies
best response confirmed by godril_ (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @godril_ ,

instead of users, you can search for M365 groups or distribution lists at the same place. Also, you can select to use a Microsoft Teams Channel as routing destination.

You can find more details here :backhand_index_pointing_down:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/create-a-phone-system-call-queue?tabs=call-answering...

Hi,

While you create the Call Queue in the Third/Fourth options there are multiple ways on how you can route the calls to the agents. All the standard routing options are available as well.

Additionally Iike Thorsten mentioned it is recommended to add a Channel to the Call Queue so that you can have all the Call Logs, Voicemail stored in the same location within the channel. This feature is also called as Collaborative Calling in Microsoft Teams.

With Regards,
Satish U
Hi,
much obliged for pointing me to the link. Will try it and see how this will comply with management.
Hi,

Thank you very much for 2nding the opinion. Yes, you're right, I think I will go with that recommendation.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by godril_ (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @godril_ ,

instead of users, you can search for M365 groups or distribution lists at the same place. Also, you can select to use a Microsoft Teams Channel as routing destination.

You can find more details here :backhand_index_pointing_down:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/create-a-phone-system-call-queue?tabs=call-answering...

View solution in original post