SOLVED

BSOD 1.4.00.2879

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone!

I work in a big organization using a wide range of hardware.

We had BSOD problem when starting a video conference with the version 1.3.00.34662.

This issue has been solved in the version 1.4.00.2781 but now with the update 1.4.00.2879 it turns out that the problem it’s still unsolved.

It seems to be something related with the graphic driver. The models affected are HP 8000, 8100, 8200, 6300… with Intel HD integrated graphics. We try to update the driver to the newest version but the problem persists. If we try to uninstall the graphic driver and use the Microsoft generic, the problem disappears.

By uninstalling the application and installing it again doesn’t work either. The only way is downgrade to the version 1.4.00.2781.

Does somebody have the same problem?

I would be grateful for your prompt response.

6 Replies

@Shoichi_Seitaro 

Hey! Same problem.  Intel HD graphics 3000. On two different laptops. Video drivers 9.17.10.4459 (last). It is sad..

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

Finally, to the best of my knowledge, I guess I have identified the problem.

The processor of my affected machines are non-compatible with W10. I'll attach the URL with the complete list for you.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html

I think in your case is the same, Intel HD graphics 3000, could it be a 2nd Generation Intel Core?

I have 4 different solutions:

• One of them is to use the web version of Teams... I don't like it that much but it's better than nothing.
  • As I said before, another option is using Microsoft basic driver but it’s so limited.
  • Other solution is to install a dedicated graphic video card. A cheap one is enough. I have tested with an old GeForce 605 and it works fine… in your case for the laptops it’s not the best option.
  • And last but not least, we could manually downgrade to the version 1.4.00.2781 and try not to update…

Maybe the next version of Teams will be compatible with these old drivers again but it’s really exhausting to fight with this problem in every update.

I hope it will help you.

@DmitgriyGraf 

The processor of my affected machines are non-compatible with W10.

I think in your case is the same, Intel HD graphics 3000, could it be a 2nd Generation Intel Core?

• One of them is to use the web version of Teams... I don't like it that much but it's better than nothing.
  • As I said before, another option is using Microsoft basic driver but it’s so limited.
  • Other solution is to install a dedicated graphic video card. A cheap one is enough. I have tested with an old GeForce 605 and it works fine… in your case for the laptops it’s not the best option.
  • And last but not least, we could manually downgrade to the version 1.4.00.2781 and try not to update…

Maybe the next version of Teams will be compatible with these old drivers again but it’s really exhausting to fight with this problem in every update.

I hope it will help you.

@Shoichi_Seitaro 

Thank!

My clients use Core i5-2520M CPU and it "can be considered supported":

"Up through the following 10th Generation Intel Processors (Intel Core i3/i5/i7/i9-10xxx)"

in W10 (1809 LTSC).  All drivers installing from "box".

I contacted technical support for an partner program. There was no answer yet.

I consider the problem to be critical, as users receive an unexpected reboot with loss of unsaved data.
Users stop using Teams on these laptops. "Power" users experiment with returning to 1.4.00.2781 and "kill" update.

@DmitgriyGraf 

Check out this information related to this processor.

Intel® Core™ i5-2520M Processor

• Product Collection: Legacy Intel® Core™ Processors
  • Code Name: Products formerly Sandy Bridge

Intel® Processor Platform

Formerly Known as (code name)

Windows® 10 32-bit Driver Support

Windows 10 64-bit Driver Support

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors

Legacy Intel® Core™ Processors

Legacy Intel® Pentium Processors

Legacy  Intel® Celeron® Processors

Sandy Bridge

Clarkdale

Kentsfield

Merom

Wolfdale

Cedarview

No

No

@Shoichi_Seitaro 

Ок! https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html

It's not bad :-). I have reason to refuse my clients. And insist on upgrading laptops. We will wait for a response from technical support Microsoft.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

The processor of my affected machines are non-compatible with W10. I'll attach the URL with the complete list for you.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html

I hope it will help you.

View solution in original post