SOLVED

Attaching a document from a new document library in channel post

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I’ve come across an issue when attaching a document from a new document library in a channel post. When I click on the attachment icon in Teams, I’m able to navigate to the new document library but Teams is telling me that the document library has no documents.

As a work around, I added hyperlinks to the documents. I was able to access the documents but our external guests were not able to access the links.

Here is some more context.

• I’ve created a new document library in the same Team SharePoint site.
  • The document library has 2 additional columns
  • I’ve successfully added document library as a new tab in the same channel.
  • The team also has external guests

Has anyone come across this issue? Is there a library setting that I can change to make it available?

Cheers

David

3 Replies

Hi @David Warden 

On clicking the attach button there isn't an option to browse SharePoint outside of the Channel folders that are stored in the default "Documents" Library.  This is when using the option "Browser Teams and Channels" .  I don't see a way of getting to a newly created document library from the attach button.

The best way for users to access the document library is through the tab as you have now done. 

I suspect what you are doing when creating the link is not changing the scope of the link to "Users with existing access" the default "People in <your org> can edit with this link" won't work for external users. 

best response confirmed by David Warden (Copper Contributor)
Solution
What you can try to do is use the + Cloud storage button on your files tab of that same channel and choose SharePoint. This will let you pick the new document library and add it as basically a virtual folder. Once you do this then you can access it in the "Browse Teams and Channels" When attaching files. This might do the trick.

Hi @Chris Webb 

Thank you for this tip, I can now attach files in my channel posts.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David Warden (Copper Contributor)
Solution
What you can try to do is use the + Cloud storage button on your files tab of that same channel and choose SharePoint. This will let you pick the new document library and add it as basically a virtual folder. Once you do this then you can access it in the "Browse Teams and Channels" When attaching files. This might do the trick.

View solution in original post