SOLVED

Now in public preview: Detailed call history

Microsoft

Description

We have updated the previous 1 to 1 call history to now involve richer context and details. Now in Call History, a user can see group calls and all participants involved, calls that were transferred, and calls that were forwarded. Additionally, there has been added a new Timeline section where further details on each call can be seen after clicking on the call record in the history section. In the Timeline, a user will get further context on who answered the call, and the duration and start and end times of the call as well. 

1 Detailed call history.png

Flighting status

Started flighting. Rollout estimated to be complete by Friday October 15th 2022.

How to enable

Detailed Call History is automatically available to every user in public preview.

Note 1: If you need information about enabling the public preview itself, see “Enable your Teams client for the public preview” below.

Note 2: User needs to be in Public Preview to be able to use this feature.

Supported clients and platforms

Windows

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Edge

Chrome

Safari

Firefox

Yes

Yes

NA

NA

NA

Yes

Yes

NA

NA

Available on desktop and web.

Known limitations

The feature is scoped to transferred, forwarded, and group calls currently. Merged calls, parked calls, and hold/resume, call queues, and delegate calls are out of scope.

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. See Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) for instructions. 

Send us your feedback 

Got feedback on features in the public preview or other areas of Teams? Let us know straight from Teams via Help Give feedback This is on the bottom left of your client.

Give Feedback.png

Thank you,

Preview Team

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

11 Replies

@Jan_Steberl 

Thanks for the information and the new feature.

Known limitations

The feature is scoped to transferred, forwarded, and group calls currently. Merged calls, parked calls, and hold/resume, call queues, and delegate calls are out of scope.

Will this feature also come for Call Queues?

best response confirmed by roman_frillarte (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Martin, thank you for your comment. We have heard this ask before. The Calling team is aware of this feedback and they are actively considering options. As of now there is no ETA that I could share.
Thank you for this update. The lack of call history functionality for Queues has my company looking for alternative options at this time. This is rudimentary call queue functionality to be able to review a queue, see who answered a call, and which calls were missed.

When can we see the history of a Queue as a team?

Hi @jamie-aquila. Please see @Miroslav-Dvorak's reply earlier on the thread. Thanks!

Hello,

we also need it vor Queues!

Thank you.
Seriously, how hard can it be to just give call queue a call history to show missed calls. Why even provide a call queue to no visibility.
Hi, any update on the ETA ?
I have been struggling trying to setup a flow that interacts with graph API without success os far, this is really frustrating, as mentioned by @jeremylermio how hard can it be to just give call queue as it seems even possible with Graph API

@brieucadam@Miroslav-Dvorak We are looking for this feature as well with Call Queue's.  I don't understand why Microsoft is not implementing such a basic feature.  Were you able to get something working with Graph to pull missed calls?

We are about to cancel Teams and go with another solution. It's unreal that a phone system can't even show a basic report on a call queue to see if a call was abandoned or who answered it. That's like saying it's not possible to transfer a call. It's such a basic feature, makes no sense.
"... call queues, and delegate calls are out of scope."

Thanks for nothing Microsoft

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let people know who are experiencing the frustration that is having a call queue that doesn't record missed calls that I was able to find a workaround.

If you create an Auto Attendant and assign it a resource account with a phone number, you can have that Auto Attendant reroute the call immediately to one individual user. Then, have that individual user's forwarding rules set to route a call that is not answered by them to a "Call Group". Add all necessary users to the call group and set the group to either receive the forwarded call simultaneously or sequentially. What this ultimately does is route a mainline/call queue phone number to an single user's Teams phone number and Teams recognizes that it should always record a Missed Call if a call is directed to the user specifically.

I know it's a rather janky solution, but I was able to set this up for a branch in our company and they prefer this option compared to no Missed Call records at all.

I hope this helps for some people out there!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by roman_frillarte (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Martin, thank you for your comment. We have heard this ask before. The Calling team is aware of this feedback and they are actively considering options. As of now there is no ETA that I could share.

View solution in original post