Embedded Quiz/Form Interactivity Intermittent and Buggy

Brass Contributor

The Stream video interactivity feature that allows you to embed a quiz or form into the time line of a video does not always work or is very intermittent at best.

Our students we have a video hosted on streams that they're to watch, only about 5% of our students actually had the quiz pop up while watching the video with the rest having it pop up with 'loading' and then disappearing or not having anything show up at all, despite having the time stamp indicators on the time line as to when the quizzes are scheduled to show up.

Even for myself as admin when I watch the videos in streams, regardless of where I am or the internet connection, sometimes the quiz will pop up, most of the time it won't.

45 Replies

@franshap I have gone back to having the same loading issue of Forms in Stream. The hack of removing the permissions does solve the problem but not an acceptable one as I am tracking Form completion in the videos for marks in my course. Any rapid solution is appreciated as we are now into the term. I was relying on this as a solid solution to embed questions and track usage.  

@rwburns70 @franshap 

I agree, some urgency here would be appreciated as we have logistical and course-related goals that could be facilitated by these quizzes if they were to work consistently. 

@snonnenmann I completely understand and I'm sorry you're facing these frustrating issues with our product.  I have just implemented changes that I hope will fix the issues you are seeing. The fix includes an additional login screen that may be shown in these cases where the loading was previously stuck due to an authentication issue. The changes should be with all customers within 2 weeks, and we will update here if anything changes, as well as check in when the fix is generally available to see if it does indeed help you.

My company is also having the same issue. We are using videos for training with embedded quizzes, and sometimes the quizzes show up and work and sometimes they don't. We really need a fix for this sooner than later. Is there anything we can do on our end to speed up the fix of this issue? 

Our release with the possible fix should be with all customers within a week. I'll update here when it does and we're hopeful it enables users with this issue to log in instead of endless loading. Sorry you're facing this issue!

@stedmana @MattWorley @snonnenmann @rwburns70 @JamesTheGrayOne @schesna @MinervaP @srmendez @goodtimo @summertime76 @SLustgarten 

Our release with the possible fix is complete, I would expect that now you should be able to log into forms in the stream video instead of seeing endless loading.  If you don't see the issue fixed, be sure to first check you're on the latest stream version - by going to the '?' button in the top right corner, and then clicking "About Microsoft Stream".  The latest version is starts with "1.0.2315" - anything below that does not have this possible fix yet, you may need to reload or clear browser cache to see the latest.