Embedded Quiz/Form Interactivity Intermittent and Buggy

Brass Contributor

The Stream video interactivity feature that allows you to embed a quiz or form into the time line of a video does not always work or is very intermittent at best.

Our students we have a video hosted on streams that they're to watch, only about 5% of our students actually had the quiz pop up while watching the video with the rest having it pop up with 'loading' and then disappearing or not having anything show up at all, despite having the time stamp indicators on the time line as to when the quizzes are scheduled to show up.

Even for myself as admin when I watch the videos in streams, regardless of where I am or the internet connection, sometimes the quiz will pop up, most of the time it won't.

45 Replies

@stedmana Sorry to hear that you are seeing issues with Interactive Forms. Would you be able to share a "session ID" (? -> About Microsoft Stream -> "Client Session ID") from the session where you are seeing this issue, so we can investigate further? Also, what OS and browser version are you/your students using?

@ArchanaN 

I am experiencing the same problem. Is this a known issue?

@stedmana I'm having the same issue. 1 out of 5 people got access. No settings are preventing access, but just not working. 

Any solution?

@schesna @JamesTheGrayOne sorry to hear that. I am looping in @StaciaScott and @garrettbronner  to help look into this.

@schesna @JamesTheGrayOne Sorry to hear about the troubles.  As Archana mentioned above the most actionable thing we can do is get the client session ID from a browser that just experienced the issue.  Thanks!

Hi @ArchanaN 

I'm experiencing the same issue, but in my case forms stopped working after a while. Now I can't see the forms load into the video and none of my students can either. All forms are still available and open, links are fine. Once you start the video and reach a forms point, it just keeps loading forever. streamcrash.png

@garrettbronner , Thank you for the prompt response. There's no other way to try and replicate/test the issue? This occurs whenever a form is embedded in a video. 

Hi @schesna we have tested and cannot reproduce this.  If there is a client session ID from a device that saw the issue that would be great to have to dig in further.

@garrettbronner 

JamesTheGrayOne_0-1596545327225.png

And another session ID from later in the day from a different user:
client session ID is : 7a59d561-e68a-48c2-8049-f70a8207da9c

@schesna @stedmana @garrettbronner @StaciaScott 

Same issue with a number of our teaching staff, Form questions not loading within Stream videos. I have multiple videos and all have done this to date for all of our staff. We had hoped to use this in Sept for classes. We need a solution quickly.

Client Session ID {0} a1acd14a-b3a2-46c5-a531-f80198382d03

@ArchanaNI´m having the same problem when my students tries to open the embedded interactive form in Google Chrome browser or Opera GX. I can use this function without apparent problems in Microsoft Edge only. What may be happening in these cases ?

I find the tool very useful, but these errors are unfortunate.

@ArchanaN Please see below. 

@schesna @stedmana @garrettbronner @StaciaScott 

Same issue with a number of our teaching staff, Form questions not loading within Stream videos. I have multiple videos and all have done this to date for all of our staff. We had hoped to use this in Sept for classes. We need a solution quickly.

Client Session ID {0} a1acd14a-b3a2-46c5-a531-f80198382d03

Hello - we are looking into this but still cannot reproduce the issue on any browser.  @rwburns70 

@rwburns70 I'm helping look into the issue - I was wondering if you had a setting called "Block third party cookies" turned on in your browsers that face this issue?

@franshap 

Negative, and the problem is intermittent, sometimes I can access(this time I could), other times I cannot.

Some members of my team have never been able to access the quiz.

Incognito mode is not used to access the Stream video.

JamesTheGrayOne_0-1597838765024.png

Thanks for looking into this!

@JamesTheGrayOne when this happens can you provide more details on what you see - when you try to open the form, does a box pop up that tries to load the form or does nothing appear over the video at all? If a box pops up, is it a never-ending loading screen or does it land on something that says: login.microsoftonline.com refused to connect?

Creo que todos presentamos el mismo error: el anuncio de carga de Forms dentro del vídeo de Stream carga indefinidamente y nunca se muestra el cuestionario o formulario interactivo. Este error se está haciendo frecuente en el navegador de Google Chrome. En Micrsoft Edge Chromium no he tenido problemas.

@franshap Same as @JamesTheGrayOne . Cookies only blocked in incognito mode. 

rwburns70_0-1597866560012.png

Also per the query of @JamesTheGrayOne , my screen has a never ending loading screen as it tries to load the question from Forms in Stream. I am using Chrome as the browser. 

Below is what I see when it glitches:

rwburns70_0-1597867438005.png

@rwburns70 @JamesTheGrayOne @srmendez Thank you for the information! A few more questions for now - if you open another tab next to Stream, go to forms.microsoft.com and log in with your Microsoft account, and then reload the video page back in Stream, does that fix the issue?

Thanks!