SHAREPOINT TO FORMS??

Copper Contributor

Okay, so obviously most of us on here have pulled data from Ms Forms into their sharepoint list for whatever reason, but I want to do the reverse, or so to say.

Is it possible to use a lookup column from a sharepoint list as a dropdown item in Ms Forms?
Say, I have a list of projects, and my form takes column projectID and shows it's contents as a dropdown menu while filling in a form for a certain project step. 

Or if you could suggest a better way of doing this...

7 Replies

@kebana ,

I have the same issue, I want to send a Form out to an external user with the information captured in a SharePoint List.

But I would like the external user to be able to populate on the of the columns in my list.

Did you receive any feed back if this was possible, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Claire

@Claire Allen it isn't possible to use the data from a SharePoint list in your form, but you seem to want to capture the information from the form into the SharePoint list. This is very straightforward with a flow in Power Automate. At its simplest the flow looks like this:

1-flow.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thank you for coming back to me.

That won't work for me,
I have a SharePoint list that my internal users add data to, I have created a flow that triggers to an external company an email with this Data, what I then want is for this external company to email me back the Job Ref and my SharePoint List to get updated, hence why I wanted my SharePoint List to pre-populate the MS Form, and maybe the external user could just enter data in the one field required from them.

The flow that I have created works, but just can't find away to capture / export one field that the external users completes.

Thanks

Claire

@Claire Allen there's no way to capture one or more fields from a SharePoint list to use in a Form. With Forms Pro I believe you can use CDS to create variables but I don't have Forms Pro so have no idea how that works. But nothing like that is do-able with standard Forms.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott 

Thank you for the update, I'll look into Forms Pro

Kind regards

Claire

Hover your mouse above or below an existing web part and you'll see a line with a circled +, like this:

Plus sign for adding web parts to a page

Click + to see a list of web parts to choose from. Click the Microsoft Forms web part.

Add to page button with Microsoft Forms web part selected.
Add and publish a page
If you don't already have a page with web parts, follow these steps to prepare one.

Go to the site where you want to add a page.

Go to the home page of the site.

Select + New, and then select Page.

New Page
Alternately, you can go to an existing page, select + New, and select Start from a blank page. Or, you can choose Copy of this page to create a new page that has the same web parts and content as the existing page.

Choose a page template to start with.

Template gallery
Add a page name in the title area. A page name is required to save the page. See the Customize the title area.

Add web parts

Hover your mouse below the title area and you'll see a line with a circled +, like this:

Plus sign for adding web parts to a page
Click + to add content like text, documents, video and more. To learn more about how to find and use web parts, see Using web parts.

Add to page button
You can also add sections and columns to a page. To learn more, see Add sections or columns on a page.

When you're done editing, you can click Save as draft to save your changes and close edit mode. Your audience won't see the page until you publish it. Only people with edit permissions on your site will be able to see it.

When you are ready for your audience to see the page, click Publish.

Once again @Lewis-H you have not answered the question that that was asked but have given instructions for something totally un-related.  Why do you do that? The question had nothing to do with creating a SharePoint page or adding the Forms web part to it. 

Rob
Los Gallardos