SOLVED

Restrict permission to create Forms, to only one group or small subset of users?

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I have what seems like it should be a simple/common request, to only allow a small group of users in a tenant to create/manage Forms, but still enable all internal users to respond to Forms.

- Looking at Microsoft's own pages the only way this can be disabled for some users but not others is via the M365 Admin Center but would need to be done individually user-by-user, no good for hundeds of users as it could take several monotonous hours, but looking so far like my only workable option.

- I've looked into a PowerShell solution to this but have been unable to achieve something that disables that property for all users except one group.

- Another suggested option might be to create a conditional access policy in Azure AD / Entra Center, however this would restrict general users from responding to Forms content - the requirement is to only restrict the creation/management of Forms for most users.

Please can anyone advise?

Cheers,

Alan  

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Alan_NZ (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Alan, I believe you have already explored all the solutions that Microsoft Forms currently supports.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alan_NZ (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Alan, I believe you have already explored all the solutions that Microsoft Forms currently supports.

View solution in original post