SOLVED

MS Forms. Unable to deselect option.

Copper Contributor

It was possible to click on an option to unselect it. That is no longer possible. Reloading the page does not reset the selected options either. So basically if you make a mistake there is no way to undo it. 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Biggsy

In my experience, what you have described is standard behaviour for those type of items and I've never seen Forms have the ability to unselect an answer from Choice or drop down list once selected.

I would suggest if it's a big issue to add an extra option in where people can select N/A or something like that if something was accidently chosen.

Best wishes with your Forms journey!

Cheers

Damien

Is this possible to suggest as improvement directly to Microsoft? For questions that are not mandatory to fill but which are accidentally filled, this is necessary, lest I refill the questionnaire.

@Biggsy  Have you tried deleting the cookie? 

Select the multiple-choice option but don't add in any other choices. They'll then be able to select and deselect that option in case they change their mind @Biggsy 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Biggsy

In my experience, what you have described is standard behaviour for those type of items and I've never seen Forms have the ability to unselect an answer from Choice or drop down list once selected.

I would suggest if it's a big issue to add an extra option in where people can select N/A or something like that if something was accidently chosen.

Best wishes with your Forms journey!

Cheers

Damien

View solution in original post