MS forms Survey - Table with free text responses

Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Is it possible in Forms free or Forms pro to input a table in a survey that would allow free text fields for certain rows or columns?

As per below, they'd need to enter hours, location, address and contact?

DeaneP_0-1612156544162.png

4 Replies

@DeaneP no this isn't possible with Forms. The list of uservoice requests around tables is at https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box?query=t...

To achieve this currently you would need to build a form in Power Apps.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi @RobElliott

How could it be achieved via PowerApps? Could you please share with us some instructions on how to get it done?

Also, using PowerApps, do I need all respondants to have a certain PowerApps license? (we currently have MS Office 365 E3 subscription (per user), which includes basic PowerApps features only).

I appreciate your help with this.

@TaisaTk there's a good video on YouTube by April Dunnam here where she demonstrates how to build an inline editable table in Power Apps with a SharePoint list as the data source.

An E3 licence will enable you to build a canvas app as in the video and for your users to use it. It's what we have at my company.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Thank you for the video recommendation! And what a great explanation from April Dunnam! Very easy to understand and reproduce.
I really appreciate your help :)