SOLVED

MS Forms response in E-mail

Copper Contributor

I have created a fairly basic Form which I would like to be completed for New Starter Requests.

The goal is to have the form completed and then using a Flow send the details to our ticketing system.

Ideally, I would like to have the Subject set as 'New Starter - starter name' by pulling data out of the form.
The body would then be the remaining questions from the form.

I am able to have a mail sent out, but the only available expression I can see is the response id - which is useless to me :)

If possible I would also like the E-mail to be sent from the person completing it.

Can I pass the details of the form response into an E-mail via a Flow?

Many thank,

2 Replies
best response confirmed by PieOPah_UK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PieOPah_UK yes you can send the contents of the form via email but you can't have it sent from the person completing the form. The email will always be sent by you if you use the Send an email (v2) action in your flow, or by Microsoft PowerApps and Flow if you use the Send an email notification (v3) action. What we do our business is to send flows from a shared mailbox, so emails will come from the name of that shared mailbox.

At its simplest the forms-to-email flow just needs the When a new response is submitted trigger followed by the Get response details action. Then you can have any actions after that. I always save form responses into SharePoint as one of the actions but if you just want to send an email then the flow looks like this:

simpleFormEmail.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Sorry for such a late response - been a busy week :)

This works perfectly.

In my test run it gives the exact information that I require.
Next stage is to set the flow to run as a system account which will be allowed 'Send As' permission on everyone's mailbox. This SHOULD fix the issue of being able to send as the person submitting the form :)

Many thanks for your help with this.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PieOPah_UK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PieOPah_UK yes you can send the contents of the form via email but you can't have it sent from the person completing the form. The email will always be sent by you if you use the Send an email (v2) action in your flow, or by Microsoft PowerApps and Flow if you use the Send an email notification (v3) action. What we do our business is to send flows from a shared mailbox, so emails will come from the name of that shared mailbox.

At its simplest the forms-to-email flow just needs the When a new response is submitted trigger followed by the Get response details action. Then you can have any actions after that. I always save form responses into SharePoint as one of the actions but if you just want to send an email then the flow looks like this:

simpleFormEmail.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post