SOLVED

Moved a Form from My Forms to a Group, Link Broke

Copper Contributor

I moved a From from My Forms to a Group and the old link has ceases to work.  Is it possible to have both links point to the form?

Please Help!!!

This is Mission critical to COVID

5 Replies

Hi @PHagan,

Amended. See below

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

"Will the link to my original (individual) form work after it's been transferred to a group?

Yes, the link pointing to the original form will still work after the form has been moved to a group. The response of a submitter who uses an old link (to the original form) will be captured in the Excel workbook stored on the group SharePoint Online page."

Source:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/transfer-ownership-of-a-form-921a6361-a4e5-44ea-bce9-c4ed...

This article appears to state otherwise.  It says the old link will continue to work and push to the same Excel spreadsheet.  This was not the case for me.  I followed the steps here and it created a new link, but it broke the old link (see previous post image). 

best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

Updated 06/08/2022 

Feedback raised

Persistent Links moving a personal form to a group form · Community (microsoft.com)

Would recommend you vote to push it up the agenda

Best, Chris

Hi @PHagan
I have encountered this same issue and we have printed loads of booklets with the original URL on them. Did you find a solution?
Oisin

@oisinryan the main issue that we found in our company was that it broke flows in Power Automate. As a result we had to instruct staff to NEVER move a personal form to a Group one. I've not found any other solution so far.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

Updated 06/08/2022 

Feedback raised

Persistent Links moving a personal form to a group form · Community (microsoft.com)

Would recommend you vote to push it up the agenda

Best, Chris

View solution in original post