Limiting the total number of responses allowed in a MS Form

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I see in MS Customer Voice screenshots, the survey tool allows the creator of the survey to add a Response Limit. Why is that functionality not available in MS forms?

cheryltice_1-1613499157233.png

That is a feature I need and that I know other people want to see in F. Customer Voice isn't part of my EDU account. I don't want to use Power Automate because limiting the number of responses shouldn't require using multiple programs to do something that should be part of the functionality of Forms in the first place... Please consider adding the Response Limit to MS Forms.

Thanks,

Cheryl

5 Replies
I have posted a similar question 6 years ago. I still have to use Google Spreadsheet or Moodle for such limitated questionairs. There are complex sollutions of which none is usefull in a normal school. It is amazing why there are no more questions like this, but MS Office doesn’t really get this problem I guess.

@Sabine Rietstap, te I suspect Microsoft is very well aware of the problem but wants to give users who are paying more features than for those where the platform is free. As a result there have been very few cases of features cascading down to the free version.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliottthank you for your response. I'm using a business version of Microsoft 365 provided by my institution so I'm not exactly sure that is it, unless there are levels of service that Microsoft provides with its cloud services.

It would be nice if they provided it for free like Google does in their forms.

@cheryltice yes there are definirely different levels of service. Forms Pro (now Customer Voice) requires Dynamics 365 which is a paid service. Microsoft Forms comes free with all the normal M365 levels.

Thank you, @RobElliott, for the additional insight!