SOLVED

Forms Limit

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am a teacher, and I use MS Forms for quizzes and some tests. Recently, I hit a wall because I had too many Forms and couldn't create another one. I didn't know that there was a limit, but even after I deleted old quizzes, it still wouldn't allow me to create more. I finally figured out that I had to clear the recycling bin in Forms before I could create more.

But, does anyone know what the limit is for the number of Forms? Is it determined by the amount of storage my district has purchased? I want to impart this information to the rest of the teachers in my district. 

6 Replies

@LHorn111 - 200 Forms as an individual

The first question in the FAQ should be able to answer your question.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/get-started-1dd58027-40dc-42d0-9ca4-80ddecc5c696?ui=en-US&r...

@Sai Gutta 

I have read all the FAQs and other resources I can find, but my organization needs to create more than the 400 Forms. Can we get a license to exceed the 200 per user and 200 per group (400 Total)? Is there anyone at Microsoft that can answer this for me? It's important for deciding how to implement a project I am working on.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Hi @Deleted,

You can. Every individual can create 200 forms in addition to the 200 forms you can create in a shared hold when you create an Office 365 group.

So, lets say you have 10 people and 2 Teams (2 office 365 groups) then that is 2400 (2000 personal and 400 group forms) so there should be plenty of room for the forms you need depending on where you hold the forms.

You just need to be aware of the individual limits for users and groups. This applies to all of the following licences

Office 365 Commercial licenses
> Office 365 Business Essentials
> Office 365 Business Premium
> Office 365 Business
> Office 365 ProPlus
> Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, and E5 plans

This would apply to the Microsoft 365 licences too.

Source: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/get-started-1dd58027-40dc-42d0-9ca4-80ddecc5c696?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Hope that helps

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  THANK YOU!!!!!!! 

Thank you for posting the link, this is helpful. The based on the the details provided in the link, as of today, it shows:

How many forms/quizzes can I create? Up to 400

Does anyone know if the limits have actually increased to 400? We are still capped at 200 per person and 200 per group.

best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

@Karen_Evans 

Would look to open a ticket with Microsoft as per this documentation:

Form, question, response, and character limits in Microsoft Forms - Microsoft Support

• If you belong to a team, you and the people on your team can create up to 400 forms, which will show up in the Group forms tab of your forms.office.com portal page. The 400 forms you and your team can create are in addition to the 400 single forms you can create as an individual.

I would query that: either the document is wrong, your tenant needs to be updated, or there is some reason which is stopping it being this stated number

Best, Chris

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

@Karen_Evans 

Would look to open a ticket with Microsoft as per this documentation:

Form, question, response, and character limits in Microsoft Forms - Microsoft Support

• If you belong to a team, you and the people on your team can create up to 400 forms, which will show up in the Group forms tab of your forms.office.com portal page. The 400 forms you and your team can create are in addition to the 400 single forms you can create as an individual.

I would query that: either the document is wrong, your tenant needs to be updated, or there is some reason which is stopping it being this stated number

Best, Chris

View solution in original post