SOLVED

Forms and SharePoint Document Control

Copper Contributor

Afternoon All,

I've created a Form which links to an Excel sheet within a SharePoint document library.  The SharePoint document library has version control set on it so that you need to check items out and in again as you edit them.

I've performed some test responses and my results are not being fed into the Spreadsheet.  I tried the suggestion in another thread about changing the 'false' to 'true' in the 'Open in Excel' link from the form, and that does indeed work as a one off.  However, subsequent entries are then not recorded in the sheet.  Repeating the 'false / true' trick would be fine except I want to perform calculations within the sheet based off the answers and I then have another 'parent' Excel sheet which refers to a series of Form outputs to amalgamate the results (so updating the location in the parent Excel sheet formula each time I 'refresh' (fales/true) the sheet is unworkable).

My question is - are Forms compatible with SharePoint version control?  If 'Yes', how do I get my results to populate automatically?

Many Thanks

Matt

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Matt Doherty (Copper Contributor)
Solution
So Forms out of the box doesn't. However you could accomplish this with Flow, but you would have to get real fancy with it. You could take your responses, have flow handle the check out, update, check back in etc.

Is there a reason for the check in / out being on? Is it just a by product of the location already having this set? Can't move the file to another library or possibly you could just write responses to a SharePoint list itself?

Hi @Chris Webb

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I think we're going to have to put it into another folder.

Again, thanks for the reply

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Matt Doherty (Copper Contributor)
Solution
So Forms out of the box doesn't. However you could accomplish this with Flow, but you would have to get real fancy with it. You could take your responses, have flow handle the check out, update, check back in etc.

Is there a reason for the check in / out being on? Is it just a by product of the location already having this set? Can't move the file to another library or possibly you could just write responses to a SharePoint list itself?

View solution in original post