SOLVED

Drop down answer related to multiple next set of questions

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to create response options based on the answer from the previous question. 

Basically the first question would be "How many observations did you have?" with a drop down of 1, 2, or 3. By selecting 1, the next question would be a text field describing the 1 observation. if you select 2, it would bring up 2 questions, to answer 2 observations, and 3 would prompt 3 additional questions. 

Is there a way to do this other than using sections?

2 Replies

@JonnShea Branching. At the bottom of the question click the 3 dots and select branching. After each question you select whether to branch to the next question, a section or to a specific follow-on question(s) or the end of the form.

branching1.png

branching2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

best response confirmed by JonnShea (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RobElliott Thank you for the reply.  That wasn't actually what I meant, I ended up figuring it out by myself.  Below is what I wanted, if I selected 1 only one response would pop up, 2 - 2, 3 - 3.  Basically on the back end, you create all three responses but order them in branching backwards. 

JonnShea_0-1642597897392.png

JonnShea_1-1642598142346.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JonnShea (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RobElliott Thank you for the reply.  That wasn't actually what I meant, I ended up figuring it out by myself.  Below is what I wanted, if I selected 1 only one response would pop up, 2 - 2, 3 - 3.  Basically on the back end, you create all three responses but order them in branching backwards. 

JonnShea_0-1642597897392.png

JonnShea_1-1642598142346.png

View solution in original post