Do I consent a form owner to use my personal data when submitting the form?

Copper Contributor

Dears,

There is a form being circulated requesting personal information (name, telephone number, email address) to a specific group of people. This form does not contain any privacy statement. Indeed, there is a writing in the form footer saying: 'The owner of this form has not provided a privacy statement as to how they will use your response data. Do not provide personal or sensitive information'.

Despite the Microsoft warning, many of us already submitted the form fulfilled. My question is, do I consent the owner to use my personal data for whatever purpose when submitting the form?

In case not, how can I request Microsoft to delete the data being stored through that Form?

And the last question, if the owner use data for a purpose different than the one stated in the body of the form, would I have the rights to report the owner for fraud, phishing, inappropriate usage of personal data?

Thank you in advance,

F. Centeno

2 Replies

@Fernando_Centeno for your last question, if you are in the EU and the form owner uses the personal data for something other than the stated purpose of the form then they would be in breach of GDPR.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi @Fernando_Centeno 

" The owner of this form has not provided a privacy statement as to how they will use your response data. Do not provide personal or sensitive information'."

The owner of this form is a simple scammer!