Connect Multiple Forms to Excel

Copper Contributor

So a function in Google Forms that I use is connecting multiple forms to one spreadsheet as different tabs.  The forms will then automatically update.  My school district is trying to make the complete switch to Microsoft, and I need to know if forms is capable of doing this function.  I am a Special Education teacher, so I need all of the data I collect for my students in one place for doing their IEPs.  How would I accomplish this task? Thank you.

6 Replies

@lysamalaise No, on its own Forms cannot do that. You would need a flow in Power Automate to save the responses to each form to an excel spreadsheet on OneDrive. That spreadsheet would need to have a table in each sheet that the flow could add the form data to.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Approximately how long would it take to do each separate form flow? I have been tasked with starting this up for the entire SPED department, which is about 15 people, and there are some who literally can't set up a flow on their own, so I would have to do their kids as well.

@lysamalaise unless they are familiar with Power Automate then they won't be able to do it. That's not surprising or a criticism of them; I am in a company of over 1000 and I am basically the only one who can build apps & flows, manage SharePoint etc. That's just how life is. Others have their own jobs to get on with and don't have the time or willpower to learn a new Microsoft app.

Each flow would only take about 10 minutes to set up and test with you as the owner. The others don't need to build any flows. I can give you some screenshots of what you need to do, or alternatively we could have a zoom call with screenshares to demonstrate how this is done.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

That would be awesome. A zoom call might be preferred, I ask a lot of questions. Are you available Monday at 8:00 EDT?
No, that would be the middle of the night for me.

@RobElliott oic.

I'm available now.  Don't know your schedule, but nbd if it doesn't work out.