SOLVED

Conditional Form Sections

Iron Contributor

Are there any plans to have conditional sections in MS Forms?  It would allow you to put a condition on a question that based on the answer the next set of questions would change.  This would be a very powerful feature.

Thanks,

14 Replies
Hi Rick. Is branching not the option for your problem? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Forms/Branching-in-Microsoft-Forms/m-p/5465#M5 Then you can based on the question give the user another set of questions.

Yes, that is what I am looking for but can't seem to find how to do it. The post refers to a demo but there is not a link to it

Thanks, I think I found it.  I didn't realize the gif attached to the post was animated.

best response confirmed by Rick DeFoe (Iron Contributor)
Solution

When you have made a question. You can click on the three dots in the upper right corner. There you have the option Branching.

forms01.PNG

I did get it working but it would be nice if when branching past questions that it would just skip them and not show them at all.  for example if I have a 5 questions and depending on the answer to question 1 you either go to question 2 or question 5, it would be nice if it just didn't show questions 2,3,4 if you select the option that takes you to question 5.  There almost needs a way to add sections of the form that you can decide to branch to depending on answers.

Thanks for your help.  i will continue to play with this feature

Rick - it shouldn't show Q2,3,4 and should show only Q 5. Is your Q 1 a single choice question or of another type? can you share your form url and the branching view with me?

Sorry, you are correct.  Not sure what I did yesterday, but I think I have it working now.  Thanks for the quick response

My form and branching doesn't work. I can do the branching to 2 questions, however, I have 5 choices. Cannot fix in any way. 

Any ideas?

It looks like a bug, could you provide more detail?

@Rick DeFoe 

I have a similar question:

My first question starts the branching. The first questions allows multiple answers, in this case 2 options but you can answer with both. 

The first question is:

Do you have 

A: Home jersey

B: AWAY jersey

From A it branches to ask several more questions specifically related to Home Jerseys

From B it branches to ask several more questions specifically related to AWAY jerseys.

If there is no answer for options A and/or B, I'd like to be able to set the answer for the branching question to the option MISSING, without the respondent having to actually go to the branched questions.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Chris

Is there a possible if you can add a condition where if I select an option, a text box appears asking for remarks in Text.

@yuvraj1007  You can't have a text box appear on screen but you can use branching for this, so if a specific option is selected it branches to a text question for comments. If it's just that 1 option then all the other options would branch to "Next". Or you could have several questions each branching to a text question.

branching4.png

branching6.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Yes Rob but the problem is, it will reflect as a question with a text box to remarks that i'm not looking for.

@yuvraj1007 there is no other way to do this in Forms. Another solution would be to not use Forms at all but build a form in Power Apps (if your users are all internal). That would allow you to conditionally display a text box on screen.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rick DeFoe (Iron Contributor)
Solution

When you have made a question. You can click on the three dots in the upper right corner. There you have the option Branching.

forms01.PNG

View solution in original post