Can I auto populate a dropdown list from an excel file?

Copper Contributor

I want to auto populate a dropdown list answers from an existing excel file.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!

9 Replies

Hi @AndresCacho 

Unfortunately that's not a feature of Forms at this time. It will have to be manually populated and changed.

Cheers

Damien

I have been looking for something like this as they have it on the google platform.  I can't believe this simple function isn't available after all this time for a request.  @AndresCacho 

@Damien Rosario Any updates on this? Is it possible to programmatically populate a dropdown using flow/power automate?

@Shahzad Syed no it's not, there are no actions in Power Automate to do that.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott  Is there any update. Being able to populate an ms form from excel, Sharepoint, or MS SQL server should be a priority for Microsoft.

@drewbennett35 no there's no update and it doesn't appear on the Forms roadmap.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Upvote for this as a feature request! The next step after using a list of values from the source would be to cross-filter options based on other values selected.

We'll probably end up using Power Automate for my use case, but it would be really nice to keep all of this in Forms. Simple validation lists in Excel should be accessible in Forms.

@drewbennett35  you can copy an excel list, then click in the first answer of a choice question in Forms and do a ctrl+v paste. That will paste in all the excel rows into separate options in the choice question.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thank you for the tip about the ctrl + v option. That really helps. If the import is more than one column I wonder what it does but will have to try. The two columns need to be merged anyway so maybe I will do that prior to copy and paste.