Microsoft 365 causing performance issues on my gaming laptop

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone,

I recently installed Microsoft 365 on my gaming laptop and I've been experiencing some performance issues ever since. My laptop's specs are pretty good, so I know it's not a hardware issue. However, when I'm playing games or even just browsing the web, my laptop seems to slow down significantly.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft 365, but the issue persists. I also tried disabling some of the features like OneDrive, but that didn't help either. I'm not sure what else to do.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Microsoft 365 on their gaming laptop? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hi @yashu8750,

Usually the office app that consumes more resources from your device is Microsoft Teams. Ensure Teams is closed and not running in backround, ( use task manager ). You can also try to disable the Office GPU hardware acceleration:

FcoManigrasso_0-1680091109366.png

And also install "SARA" ( Support and recovery assistant ) in order to check if Office is correctly installed:

Download Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant from Official Microsoft Download Center

FcoManigrasso_1-1680091197420.png

As a last point, you could also try to have a separate windows profile for your Office/Work installation.