Jun 09 2023 11:49 AM
Jun 09 2023 11:49 AM
I will do my best to keep it short on the issue we are facing with the license enforcement of our solution package.
We have deployed our D365&Dataverse as an offer type to the AppSource including applying the license to our package according to the below documentation:
I have followed step by step to define the plan definition file, and plan mapping file and applied those CSV files to our package which ended up adding to the customization.xml the below elements:
Service ID,Display name,More info URL exquitech.hrex.hrexcore, HRex Core, https://hrexcloud.com/ exquitech.hrex.hrexpayroll, HREX Payroll, https://hrexcloud.com/
Service ID,Component Name exquitech.hrex.hrexcore,hrex2193_HREXCore exquitech.hrex.hrexpayroll,hrex2193_HREXPayroll
<serviceplans> <serviceplan name="exquitech.hrex.hrexcore"> <accessmode>4</accessmode> <iscustomizable>0</iscustomizable> <displayname>HRex Core</displayname> <moreinfourl>https://hrexcloud.com/</moreinfourl> </serviceplan> <serviceplan name="exquitech.hrex.hrexpayroll"> <accessmode>4</accessmode> <iscustomizable>0</iscustomizable> <displayname>HREX Payroll</displayname> <moreinfourl>https://hrexcloud.com/</moreinfourl> </serviceplan> </serviceplans> <serviceplanappmodulesset> <serviceplanappmodules> <iscustomizable>0</iscustomizable> <appmoduleid> <uniquename>hrex2193_HREXCore</uniquename> </appmoduleid> <serviceplanid> <name>exquitech.hrex.hrexcore</name> </serviceplanid> </serviceplanappmodules> <serviceplanappmodules> <iscustomizable>0</iscustomizable> <appmoduleid> <uniquename>hrex2193_HREXPayroll</uniquename> </appmoduleid> <serviceplanid> <name>exquitech.hrex.hrexpayroll</name> </serviceplanid> </serviceplanappmodules> </serviceplanappmodulesset>
Having validated those steps and exported the managed solution to the CLI, we published the package to AppSource and it was successfully validated.
Now the testing Part:
We installed the application in a different tenant by purchasing a plan that we assigned to the app for us to make sure the Microsoft license checks it is validated.
I purchased the desired plan and assigned it to a different user than the current one that I am signed in and I tested by trying to open the application to check if Microsoft will validate the license check between the license assigned under the tenant for that user (Global Admin).
Unfortunately, I was able to access both apps knowing that I purchased 1 plan and knowing that the plan purchased is assigned to another user meaning it is a big failure and a user without a license will be able to access any application even if he's a normal or global admin which definitely we don't want to.
So basically as per Microsoft documentation:
Power Platform License check is a big failure and not working at all. It has been 1 month since I raised two tickets with Power Platform Support Team and Commercial Market Place, and the support request is stuck in an infinite loop (escalation from one team to another, huge delay).
Would someone be able to guide us through a proper resolution to validate what we are missing and why license checks are not working?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jun 20 2023 04:44 PM
Hello @Julien_Anid Thanks for reaching out on this forum.
I'm sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the license enforcement of your solution package.
I would recommend the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:
Check the license assignment for the user who is able to access the application. Make sure that the user has not been assigned a license for the application or any of its components. If the user has been assigned a license, remove the license and try accessing the application again.
Check the license assignment for the user who is not able to access the application. Make sure that the user has been assigned a license for the application or its components. If the user has not been assigned a license, assign a license and try accessing the application again.
Check the logs for any errors related to license validation. You can use the Power Platform Admin Center to view the logs and search for any errors related to license validation.
Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the problem and provide a resolution.
Sometimes, you know, License enforcement may take some time to come into effect, often up to 24 hours or more. And also ensure that the 'License Enforcement' option is enabled for your app in the Power Platform admin center.
I hope this helps you resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.