SOLVED

Want to keep same number (payrate) in a column that is hidden when inserting a row.

Copper Contributor

I want to keep same number (payrate) in a column that is hidden when inserting a row. I already have a table applied. The formula is automatically in the new row but when I enter data for the formula to calculate it does not compute because the payrate did not drag down.

7 Replies

@tommy1292 

Enter the pay rate as a formula. For example, if it is 15, enter =15 in the pay rate column in the first row.

It should automatically propagate to existing and new rows.

@tommy1292 

It works for me - I tested it.

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Thanks in advance.

Column D, G, and J are hidden and thats where I need the same number (payrate) to automatically fill as I insert new row for the fomula.
best response confirmed by tommy1292 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tommy1292 The cause of your problem is the inconsistent table setup: you used the first data row as header row. That prevents formulas from being copied automatically.

I moved the headers to the header row, and redid all the formulas. It now works correctly for me.

See the attached version.

Ah!! Thank you so much!! Life saver
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tommy1292 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tommy1292 The cause of your problem is the inconsistent table setup: you used the first data row as header row. That prevents formulas from being copied automatically.

I moved the headers to the header row, and redid all the formulas. It now works correctly for me.

See the attached version.

View solution in original post