SOLVED

VLOOKUP with IF and partial match

Copper Contributor

I'm working on automating some tracking spreadsheets that are all connected with Power Query. I have one query loaded to a sheet ("All Status" in formulas) that I am trying to reference on the main tracking sheet. What I'm trying to do is return Yes if the VLOOKUP result returns a certain value, the only problem is some values are a partial match. If I use the formula below it will return Yes if the status is "Submitted" which is half of what I need.

=IFNA(IF(VLOOKUP(B3,'All Status'!A:F,5,)="Submitted","Yes",""),"")

I need it to also return Yes if the VLOOKUP returns "Under Review", but this is the partial match. It will return "Under Review (N)" or "Under Review (C)" or various other iterations, but they all begin with "Under Review". If I write the formula as below (which is the only thing I came up with), it does not return any result. 

=IFNA(IF(VLOOKUP(B3,'All Status'!A:F,5,)="*Under Review*","Yes",""),"")

Is there a way to write the formula so that if the VLOOKUP returns "Submitted" or if it includes "Under Review", it will return Yes in column H?

ld_0-1683046864401.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ld (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ld 

=IFNA(IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Under Review",VLOOKUP(B3,'All Status'!A:F,5,FALSE))),VLOOKUP(B3,'All Status'!A:F,5,FALSE)="Submitted"),"yes",""),"")

=IFNA(IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Under Review",VLOOKUP(B3,'All Status'!A:F,5,FALSE))),VLOOKUP(B3,'All Status'!A:F,5,FALSE)="Submitted"),"yes",""),"")

This formula returns the intended result in my sheet.

This worked for me too. Thank you so much, I've been at this for hours so your help is greatly appreciated!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ld (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ld 

This formula returns the intended result in my sheet.

View solution in original post