SOLVED

To build a dashboard in excel

Copper Contributor

Capture.JPG

I would like to make a dashboard highlighted in G,H,I Columns with data available from B,C,D columns.

When I enter the name of the person in cell H2, i should automatically get the data in G5 to I8.

Is that possible ? Any one kindly help me.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Dinesh Kumar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

There are a couple of formulas that will let you do this.. but here is one that I learnt from someone (Sergei Baklan) on this board a few day back.

It avoids the use of an array formula which your CPU will thanks you for.

I've attached an example using something similar to what you posted showing it working. Hopefully it helps.

The formula used is this:

=IFERROR(INDEX(tbl_data[Person Name],AGGREGATE(15,6,(1/(tbl_data[Person Name]=$H$2)/NOT(ISBLANK(tbl_data[Person Name]))*ROW(tbl_data[Person Name])-ROW(tbl_data[[#Headers],[Person Name]])),ROW(A1))),"")

Personally, I would use a Pivot Table to show your Dashboard info.  If you place your data in a table, add a column to duplicate the name (since it is in a table, Excel will use it as a column formula, and automatically apply it to each new row), and reference that table for your Pivot Table, set the Filters as the person name, the Rows as Name (the duplicated one) and Company, and Values as the Sales Value, it will give you what you want, with the exception of the person name on each row.  If you do it this way, the dashboard is dynamic.  It will expand or shrink based on the number of entries, and if you have multiple entries for one person and the same company, it will automatically add them together.  Give this example a look, and see if it will work for you.

Thank you so much Philip.. have a wonderful day ahead!

Thank you Bob..!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dinesh Kumar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

There are a couple of formulas that will let you do this.. but here is one that I learnt from someone (Sergei Baklan) on this board a few day back.

It avoids the use of an array formula which your CPU will thanks you for.

I've attached an example using something similar to what you posted showing it working. Hopefully it helps.

The formula used is this:

=IFERROR(INDEX(tbl_data[Person Name],AGGREGATE(15,6,(1/(tbl_data[Person Name]=$H$2)/NOT(ISBLANK(tbl_data[Person Name]))*ROW(tbl_data[Person Name])-ROW(tbl_data[[#Headers],[Person Name]])),ROW(A1))),"")

View solution in original post