Solver add-in not able to be used in Excel 16.7 on MAC.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am using:

MacBook Pro 2021 macOS Monterey Version 12.3

Microsoft Excel for Mac Version 16.7 

License: Microsoft 365 Subscription

Problem: 

I need to use solver add-in. When i click DATA > Analysis Tools > solver add-in, an error message comes up. 

Error Message: 

Microsoft Excel cannot access the file '/Applications/Microsoft Excel.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/Add-Ins (AppleSilicon)/Solver.xlam'. There are several possible reasons:

i already tried this: 

1. Move the following folder/files to the Desktop and then open Excel to check the outcome, if it works, you can move them to trash, if not, please restore them.

a.    Open Finder, press Command + Shift + G > enter ~/Library and then click Go > go to ~/Library/Containers > move the folder "com.microsoft.excel"

b.    Go to ~/Library/Preferences, move the files "com.microsoft.Excel.plist" and "com.microsoft.Office.plist"

2. open Finder > Application > right-click Excel > Show Package Contents > go to Contents/Resources > check whether Solver.xlam is under en.lproj/Add-ins or other *.lproj/Add-ins folder, and then try to rename it to Solver 2.xlam to see if Excel can work properly.

3. also i deleted the app and downloaded it again. 

-> everything did not work the error message keeps on appearing. 

Please let me know how i can solve the problem and use the add-in as I have no other idea what to do. 

0 Replies