Receiving a Windows 1006 Runtime Error when running a specific macro

Occasional Visitor

Hi, guys. This is my first time ever posting here. I am an IT Support Technician at Amazon. Currently, most of the company uses Excel macros for day to day things. Our Learning department has a specific macro they have been using for a while now, but recently only about 50% of the users can get the macro to work on their machine. Others are having Runtime Errors with the 1006 code. We have tried many things to get it to work, I can copy and paste the things attempted from our trouble ticket. I am not sure how to really show you guys the macro or give you any information about it seeing as I know macros can contain viruses and nobody would trust someone over the internet with one. What exactly can I pull from the excel sheet that could help anyone identify the error? It seems to be associated with VisualBasic...

Here's the troubleshooting we have tried so far....
"Tried uninstalling and re-installing/repairing .NET Framework (both 3.5 and 4.7.1) installing any pending updates, with 2fA Enabled & Disabled, and also running the following commands that worked for me in the past:

takeown /f %windir%\syswow64\jscript.dll
cacls %windir%\syswow64\jscript.dll /E /R everyone

But this time it didn't work. I did however try it on my own laptop and it worked fine without me having to do anything. "

I am told that when we press 'debug', we get a javascript issue. It hangs. Anyways. I am going to keep a close eye on this thread and hope someone can assist ASAP. I will attach the excel sheet in question for any further investigation. (I need to edit the excel sheet to remove sensitive information first!) 

1 Reply
Can you post a screen-shot of the error message and tell us which line is highlighted when Debug is clicked? I don't get a 1006 error, I get a totally different one. Also, please explain what the macro is supposed to do and reassure us that it isn't doing anything malicious as it seems to reach out to a webservice. To troubleshoot this issue we need to be sure we're safe when running the code.