SOLVED

IF/AND/OR Formula

Copper Contributor

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me write a complicated formula.

I have the following columns:

F: Payment Date 

D: Grant Committed Date 

O: Payment Type 

J: Payment Amount

I am trying to write a formula that will look at these columns and do the following:

IF

Payment Date is in 2021

Grant Committed Date is prior to 2021

Payment Type is "Conditional" or "Conditions Satisfied"

THEN

Display Payment Amount

IF

Conditions above are not met, leave cell blank

This is what I have right now but I'm doing something wrong:

=IF(AND(F2>=DATEVALUE("1/1/2021"),F2<=DATEVALUE("12/31/2021"),(OR,O2,"Conditional","Conditions Satsified"),AND(D2<datevalue("1/1/2021"))),J2,"")

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@rw2020 

=IF(AND(YEAR(F2)=2021,YEAR(D2)<2021,OR(O2="Conditional",O2="Conditions Satisfied")),J2,"")

You can try this formula which seems to work in my sheet.

if and or formula.JPG 

@OliverScheurich thank you SO much for your reply! This formula worked perfectly and you taught me about the YEAR function which is much neater than what I had been using. I improved my entire spreadsheet thanks to this. This may have seemed obvious to you but it seems like magic to me and I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and help me. 

@Rebekah110 

You are welcome. Glad i was able to help.

@OliverScheurich hello! I'm still toiling away on this spreadsheet, trying to get all my formulas set up for future years. The column I'm working on now has the following conditions:

Column D: Grant Committed Date

Column F: Grant Payment Date

Column J: Payment Amount

Column O: Payment Type

IF

Grant Committed Date prior to 2021

Payment type NOT "conditional"

Payment type NOT "conditions satisfied" IF payment date is after 2020 OR payment date is blank

THEN

Insert Payment Amount

IF NOT

Insert blank 

This is what I have now:

=IF(AND(YEAR(D6)<2021,O6<>"Conditional",(OR(O6="Conditions Satisfied",AND(OR(YEAR(F6)>2020,F6=""))))),J6,"")

It is excluding the conditional payments correctly but not the ones marked conditions satisfied that were paid after 2020. 

Again, I'm sure this is something obvious I'm doing wrong, but I would appreciate your guidance! Thank you!

@Rebekah110 

=IF(AND(YEAR(D6)<2021,O6="Conditions Satisfied",YEAR(F6)>2020),"",IF(AND(YEAR(D6)<2021,O6<>"Conditional",(OR(O6="Conditions Satisfied",AND(OR(YEAR(F6)>2020,F6=""))))),J6,""))

Does this formula return your expected result? Unfortunately i'm not sure if i correctly understand what you want to do. As your formula excludes the conditional payments correctly i only added an additional IF statement for conditions satisfied that were paid after 2020.

grant payment date.JPG

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@rw2020 

=IF(AND(YEAR(F2)=2021,YEAR(D2)<2021,OR(O2="Conditional",O2="Conditions Satisfied")),J2,"")

You can try this formula which seems to work in my sheet.

if and or formula.JPG 

View solution in original post