How to remove whitespace on chart between columns and data table

Copper Contributor

I'm creating some new charts in an old spreadsheet. The chart that was already in there looks like this...

Screenshot 2021-01-22 141036.png

See how the columns come directly out the top of the data table? When I make a new chart, it looks like this...

Screenshot 2021-01-22 141153.png

Notice that now there's a space between the columns and the top of the data table. How do I get rid of this whitespace?

4 Replies

@Jon Cutting 

Click to format series, it will be like

image.png

and set Series Overlap on 100%

image.png

@Jon Cutting 

For the first char, you need to select the chart and resize the columns area, you might need to remove the chart title or move it somewhere else.

For the second chart, you need to reduce the axis X maximum value since there is no value more than 10 in your chart,

select the X axis values in the chart --> on the right panel go to Axis options --> change the maximum value to 10
To remove more space do as mentioned for the first chart.

chart2.png

Hi, @Sergei Baklan 

Sorry, I think I explained my question poorly. I want the columns to stay the way they are. See how the bottom of the columns touch the top of the data table here?

Screenshot 2021-01-22 141036.png

And see how there is whitespace between the bottom of the columns and the top of the data table here?

Screenshot 2021-01-22 141153.png

I want to remove that whitespace. How did the first chart get that whitespace removed?

Hi, @Jihad Al-Jarady 

That removed the whitespace above the columns. It's the whitespace below the columns I want to remove (please see my previous reply with the arrows). This was somehow accomplished on the chart prior, but I can't find a way to do it now.