SOLVED

Grab specific information based on the month

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to grab specific information that is given to me for only specified months. I have messed around with a bunch of functions to try and achieve this but have had no luck. I was wondering if someone can help me out or tell me if this is even possible? 

Below is a picture of how this sheet is exported to me and in Yellow is what I'm looking to achieve. Small numbers like this isn't an issue but its when I start dealing with 2000 part numbers at a time.

Excel Help.PNG

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JacobDernederlanden (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JacobDernederlanden 

The attached file shows an easy way to extract the data (for thousands of parts if required) for November 2023 and November 2022. For other months the formulas have to be adapted however e.g. for November 2023 the formula is

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(J9,A:A,0)+4,2))

and for August 2013 it would be

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(J9,A:A,0)+7,2))

This works great and in a way that seems so simple. It takes a second to set up but it's better then doing it manually. I was trying so many different functions and combinations. I will read up more about these functions as they probably going to get used for other things in the future.

Thank you for this!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JacobDernederlanden (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JacobDernederlanden 

The attached file shows an easy way to extract the data (for thousands of parts if required) for November 2023 and November 2022. For other months the formulas have to be adapted however e.g. for November 2023 the formula is

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(J9,A:A,0)+4,2))

and for August 2013 it would be

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(J9,A:A,0)+7,2))

View solution in original post