Formula Correction

Copper Contributor

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to apply one formula but it's giving me no results.

Can anyone please correct this formula?

Here is the formula

=SUMIF(CONCATENATE("E:E",MATCH("ABC",A:A,0)),"T90",B4:B12)

This part "CONCATENATE("E:E",MATCH("ABC",A:A,0)" separately giving me range which I wanted which is a range for sumif but when I am trying to insert it in sumif it's giving no output.

Thanks in advance

Rehman

6 Replies

@Mojibure 

Try using it with indirect function on your concatenated word. 
=SUMIF(INDIRECT(CONCATENATE("E1:E",MATCH("ABC",A:A,0))),"T90",B1:B12)

@Mojibure 

The two ranges in SUMIF should have the same size, Since the sum range B4:B12 has 9 cells, the criteria range should have 9 cells too.

CONCATENATE("E:E",MATCH("ABC",A:A,0)) returns a string such as "E:E11", not a range...

@Rr_ 

Thank for the reply.

I have attached the snip for scanerio.

What I want is sum of column B on the basis of column C for each lebel of column A like for 123000, 87900 & 99800.

For info: here I have created only one pivot table but we have multiple pivot table like this below.

If you can frame any other formula that would be helpful or great if we can fix this one.

Hi,
You are right but this is what I am trying to bring.
I have explained the situation in comments can you please check and it would be great if there is you can help.

@Mojibure 

Why don't you add subtotals to the pivot table. You can then use GETPIVOTDATA to obtain the required sum. Something like

=GETPIVOTDATA("Numbers",$A$1,"RowFieldName","87900")

Or use SUMIF or SUMIFS on the source data of the pivottable.

@Mojibure 

In addition to @Hans Vogelaar , if you work with data model (recommended way) most probably all could be done with DAX measures.